Saturday, November 14, 2009

Aunt Mae's Broccoli Rabe



I've had the opportunity to cook with some incredible women in my life. This is one of my Aunt Mae's (Justine's great Aunt) recipe's. She will always be one of the most brave women I've ever known. Aunt Mae would not have Thanks Giving without "rabe's". Aunt Mae was at my dinning room table for many holiday's and special occasions. This is my 2nd thanks giving without her and I miss her very much. She contributed so much to my life and I think of her often. This is one of her recipe's that she showed me. Nothing was written down until now.

Ingredients:
2 bunches of Broccoli Rabe
4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon evoo
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper

Recipe:
Wash broccoli rabe and remove about 2 inches of bottom stems. Prepare a large deep frying pan with one inch of water and bring to a boil. Add washed rabes to pan and steam for 10 to 15 mins. until bright green in color and just tender, turning once or twice while steaming. Place rabes on serving platter and discard and remaining water. Return pan to medium high heat and add evoo, garlic and red pepper. Saute for 2 to 3 mins. Carefully add rabe's to oil mixture and saute for 6 to 8 mins. turning until rab's are coated with evoo mixture. Add salt and black pepper. Serve hot.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment