Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pairing your Steak with Wine...




I'm never quite sure how to go about pairing the right wine with a meal. I'm generally an all-around Chianti Classico Riserva fan. In fact, I even had a chance to go to a Chianti Vineyard with my Dad when he came to visit me. I mean, who wouldn't want to stand next to barrels of delicious red wine? Getting back to the point though for this particular steak I would have assumed that any old red wine would do, but my research led me otherwise. I learned that when pairing a red wine with a simply-grilled steak you would want to stick to a full-bodied red wine, such as a Californian or Australian Cabernet Sauvignon. Hmpf. Excuse me.

Talk soon!

PS- Check out that breathtaking picture of a wine vineyard lit up at night. Give me that view and a dish of fresh pasta and you can pretty much have my first-born.






No comments:

Post a Comment