Friday, October 30, 2009

Brendan's Zucchini Bread



Brendan’s Zucchini Bread

When my godson Brendan comes to visit (AKA please babysit!) he walks in my side-door hand says “where’s Lisa?” and immediately walks into the kitchen where he knows he’ll find me cooking something. Brendan says “whatcha donin?” I scoop him up into my arms and bring him to the pots and pans and show him what I’m donin. This is my shot at teaching a new generation what’s cooking in the kitchen.

Ingredients:

2 green zucchini (grated)

2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour

¾ cup sugar

¼ cup canola oil

2 eggs

2 tsp baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

2 tsp cinnamon

¼ tsp nutmeg

½ cup skim milk

Prep:

Place grated zucchini in a colander and let drain. Squeeze zucchini in paper towels to get rid of excess moisture.

Recipe:

Combine milk, oil, egg, sugar and zucchini in a bowl. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, corn and nutmeg into a bowl then combine with zucchini mixture. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Place mixture into 8X4 loaf pan coated with cookie spray bake for 1 hour and then test with toothpick.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment