Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Marble Brownies



It was my bosses birthday at work this week and her birthday "request" was marble brownies. I thought I could just add cream cheese to the batter and that would be that. Wrong. Called my Mom and she had a better idea...
Use any old brownie box recipe (Duncan Heines is usually our go-to) then in a separate bowl combine 1 egg, 3 tbs. of sugar, 1 tsp. of vanilla and 8 0z. of room-temp. cream cheese. Combine brownie mix as stated on the box and spread into a 12X 8 non-stick baking pan. Then drop dollops of cream-cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter. Take a knife or toothpick and swirl the mixture into the batter.
Tip--do not mix completely because then you'll have a gray batter, just swirl gently! Follow the baking instructions, mine took about 50 minutes. Let stand to cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!!

Love,

Us.

Ps my boss loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment