Friday, January 29, 2010

cold peanut sesame noodles



So I have been in a peanut kick these past couple of days. Anything from peanut butter lollipops (heaping spoonfuls of Skippy) to peanut butter cookies. So you can imagine how satisfying this recipe from smitten kitchen was to me. Now of course I had to "tweak" a few things in the original recipe. Since I can't afford a blender or food processor I just bought a satay peanut sauce from the grocery store. I'm also not the biggest fan of red peppers so I cut that out as well. It came out really well, and there's definitely something about cold noodles that I love.
Give it a try!

Ingredients:
4 scallions thinly sliced
1 cucumber sliced
Tofu (however much you want to add)
1 package of thin spaghetti
5 tablespoons of satay peanut sauce

Recipe:
Add thin spaghetti to boiling salted water and cook for 6-7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add cucumber, tofu, scallions and pasta to peanut sauce and combine.

Enjoy!

Love,

Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment