Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pink Cupcakes!



Happy Valentine's Day!
While perusing my friend's blog I came across these super cute pics. and immediately found myself making pink cupcakes. I tried a new recipe for homemade buttercream frosting. Try it out!

Recipe:
You can use an old box of cake mix. I used Duncan Heines, Classic Yellow Cake. Follow instructions on the box to make 24 cupcakes. While they're baking, give the icing a try!
For the Icing:
3 3/4 cup powder sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3-4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large bowl combine powder sugar, butter, milk and vanilla until smooth. Add more milk if you find the mixture doesn't have good consistency. Makes enough for 24 cupcakes or to frost a 2-layer cake!

Enjoy!!

Love

Us.

1 comment:

  1. justine! ahh i may steal this recipe from you..looks amazing. happy valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete